hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean (Contractor)" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject slow move from rdbm to hadoop/hbase(is there replication strategies for this?)
Date Tue, 07 Dec 2010 21:55:50 GMT
We are going to move 7 terabytes(set to grow to 35 when our SLA goes
from 2 years to 10 years of storage) from an RDBMS to hadoop/hbase type
system and I was wondering if anyone knew of how to get events from
hbase on persisted/modified entities so that changes can be replicated
to our RDBMS easily.  (ie. We want to keep the RDBMS system in tact for
a week or so during the switch so we could switch back if any problems
occurred with our hbase application).  Ie. It is purely a safety net
when switching customers over.

Thanks for any advice in this area,

Dean

attachments from your system.