hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vijay <amirisetty.vijayaragha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Writing to HBase cluster on EC2 with Java client
Date Sat, 04 Dec 2010 10:13:51 GMT
Hi Alex,
           HBase exposes a REST interface named startgate.
You can find about it here
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Stargate

The method of starting the REST server mentioned above seems to be
deprecated.

With HBase 0.20.6 I was able to start it as follows
$HBASE_HOME/*bin/hbase org.apache.hadoop.hbase.stargate.Main*

It is basically a jetty servlet container.

There also seems to be a thrift interface for HBase. You could use the java
thrift client to access HBase.

These are the methods I am aware of. There could be better methods too.

I would be interested in knowing them too :)

Thanks
Vijay

On Sat, Dec 4, 2010 at 12:59 PM, Nanheng Wu <nanhengwu@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I set up a small test hbase cluster on ec2. If I want to now store
> some data in the cluster from outside ec2 using the java client, what
> should I do? I am very new to hbase and ec2 so any help would be
> appreciated!
>
> Best,
> Alex

A. Vijayaraghavan