hbase-user mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: row level transaction and synchronous replication?
Date Mon, 06 Dec 2010 16:00:44 GMT
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Hiller, Dean (Contractor)
<dean.hiller@broadridge.com> wrote:

> Does Hadoop support synchronous replication with a row level
> transaction?  Ie. I want to update the entity and make sure the backup
> node of that data is updated upon return of my call to put that row
> level transactional entity.

You'll have to read up on HBase replication (which has been added to trunk
fairly recently) or model your problem around the capabilities of our Rowlog
library, as far as I can guess what you're aiming at.

* http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.89.20100726/replication.html
* http://outerthought.org/blog/449-ot.html

The use of 'Hadoop' instead of 'HBase' in your question confuses me a bit
though.

HTH,

Steven.
--