hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vijay <amirisetty.vijayaragha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase setup on a single windows machine - running commands throws MasterNotRunningException
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 18:11:11 GMT
Hi Dave,
            The zookeeper log doesnt seem to be written.
I see only the following two log files in the logs directory
hbase-in165115-master-in165115.log
hbase-in165115-regionserver-in165115.log

I tried to start the zookeeper explicitly by running bin/zookeepers.sh
--config /cygdrive/g/hbase/conf/ start
It is picking up 127.0.0.1 as the host, but it gives the following message

: hostname nor servname provided, or not known
I am not sure where it is looking for hostname / servername ..

in hbase-env.sh, I have uncommented the following line

# Tell HBase whether it should manage it's own instance of Zookeeper or not.
*export HBASE_MANAGES_ZK=true*

hbase-site.xml has the following content
<configuration>
 <property>
  <name>hbase.zookeeper.quorum</name>
  <value>127.0.0.1</value>
  <description>Comma separated list of servers in the ZooKeeper Quorum.
  For example, "host1.mydomain.com,host2.mydomain.com,host3.mydomain.com".
  By default this is set to localhost for local and pseudo-distributed modes
  of operation. For a fully-distributed setup, this should be set to a full
  list of ZooKeeper quorum servers. If HBASE_MANAGES_ZK is set in
hbase-env.sh
  this is the list of servers which we will start/stop ZooKeeper on.
  </description>
 </property>
</configuration>

Thanks!