hbase-user mailing list archives

From Vijay <amirisetty.vijayaragha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase setup on a single windows machine - running commands throws MasterNotRunningException
Date Thu, 02 Dec 2010 18:30:15 GMT
Hi Dave,
            As you suggested, I started the zookeeper explicitly using the
following command
$ /cygdrive/g/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh --config
/cygdrive/g/hbase/bin/../confstart zookeeper

The zookeeper came up and started listening on 2181.

After this I am able to create a table and list the contents. (Note that the
hbase master was already started)

I am not sure why dint the bin/start-hbase.sh script did not start the
zookeeper even though the script issued the same command as above.

It works now

Thanks All!

Vijay