hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: YCSB with 0.90 vs. old releases?
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 23:26:16 GMT
A few of us have been running it nearly daily to test 0.90, but not in
a way that's comparable to previous tests (those published in the YCSB
paper being the only known public numbers) and using "weird" settings
in order, for example, to make regions split all the time and see how
we can make it fail :)

So to run it on 0.90 in a meaningful way, one has to run it on either
0.20 or 0.89 too and using the same hardware. I don't expect major
differences going grom 0.89 to 0.90 tho, expect for operation that
aren't benchmarked like cold startup/shutdown.

J-D