hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lars George <lars.geo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase/Hadoop cluster setup on AWS
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:32:11 GMT
Hi H,

While you can do that by hand I strongly recommend using Apache Whirr
(http://incubator.apache.org/projects/whirr.html) which has Hadoop and
(in trunk now) also HBase support, straight from the Apache tarballs.

If you want to set them up manually then you simply spin up N machines
and follow the normal guides for either project to set them up
appropriately, so extra magic needed.

Lars