hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: CMF & NodeIsDeadException
Date Mon, 03 Jan 2011 17:40:44 GMT
zookeeper.session.timeout is the config. to toggle.  Its set to
180seconds in 0.90.0RC.  Is it not so in your deploy?

On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:13 AM, Wayne <wav100@gmail.com> wrote:

> Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Parnew was getting large and
> taking too long (> 100ms) so I will try to limit the size with the
> suggestion from the performance tuning page (-XX:NewSize=6m
> -XX:MaxNewSize=6m).

The CMS concurrent mode failure will be about trying to promote from
new space up into the tenured heap but there's not the space in
tenured heap to take the promotion because of fragmentation.  You
could try putting an upper bound on the new size (What size had your
eden space grown too?).  That would put off the CMF some but in long
running app., CMF seems unavoidable, yeah.

A newsize of 6M is way too small given the heap sizes you've been
bandy'ing about (You were thinking 64M?  Even then, that seems too
small).

On failure of the node, all the regions came up again on new servers OK?

St.Ack