hbase-user mailing list archives

From Peter Haidinyak <phaidin...@local.com>
Subject RE: HBase client side configuration example?
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 22:34:09 GMT
I connect to HBase from Java using the following

    final Configuration configuration = HBaseConfiguration.create();
    configuration.clear();

    configuration.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", "caiss01a,caiss01b"));  // - Our two zookeeper
machines
    configuration.set("hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort", "2222"));  // - Port they are
listening on.

    m_logger.info("Opening myTable Tables");
    m_myTable = new HTable(configuration, "myTable");

Hope it helps

-Pete

-----Original Message-----
From: Jérôme Verstrynge [mailto:jverstry@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 1:58 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: HBase client side configuration example?

Hi,

I have managed to successfully install HBase on a remote linux node
(using Cloudera's CDH3). The next step is to implement a small Java
application to connect to it. I have tried to find some documentation to
configure HBaseConfiguration, but I could not find proper examples for
hbase-site.xml and hbase-default.xml. Does anyone have any to share?

Thanks,

JVerstry