hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject host Git repositories on HBase
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 22:01:54 GMT
Host git repositories on HBase: https://github.com/trendmicro/jgit-hbase

Thanks to Shawn Pierce for jgit.storage.dht (http://egit.eclipse.org/r/#change,2295)!

Only thing I'd advise is wait for the commit message on org.apache.hadoop.hbase.jgit to change
from "Initial implementation" to something else. Should happen in a day or so. I refactored
on patch 2 but won't get to trying out hosting a repo until tonight maybe.

While my main interest here is a live continuous HBase application test for finding problems
and regressions, I'm sure you can imagine possibilities for meaningful table map-reduce processing
over Git structures, where Git can be used for constructing history graphs over arbitrary
change sets of anything.

Best regards,

    - Andy

Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back.
  - Piet Hein (via Tom White)