hbase-user mailing list archives

From piotre...@gmail.com
Subject How to achieve secondary index consistency for concurrent scans and updates?
Date Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:06:25 GMT
Hi, is possible to achieve secondary index consistency for concurrent
scans and updates?

If I have data table with key UUID and index on time column then when
I scan index by time there can be obsolete data (am | right?).

For example there is topic table with time column (indexed).
When new post is inserted, topic time column is updatet too (by delete
index and reinsert new value?)
So when table scan goes on it can miss record witch is updated
(reinserted in already scaned values - am I right?).

Is there any solution for this example use case?

Regards