hbase-user mailing list archives

From Nanheng Wu <nanhen...@gmail.com>
Subject Number of regions
Date Thu, 24 Feb 2011 02:56:01 GMT
What are some of the trade-offs of using larger region files and less
regions vs the other way round? Currently each of my host has ~700
regions with the default hfile size, is this an acceptable number?
(hosts have 16GB of RAM). Another totally unrelated question: I have
Gzip enabled on the hfile and in my region file's log file all I see
are messages like "got a brand new decompressor", they are filling up
my screen and making it very hard to see what's happening with my
servers. Is there a way to disable that? Thanks so much.