hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase as a backend for GUI app?
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 22:53:56 GMT
I think the answer is 'it depends'. What exactly is a "GUI app"
anyways these days? The wording is a little vague to me, does that
include things like amazon.com and google reader? Or is it limited to
things like Firefox, and desktop applications?

I think ultimately the only thing that is a must for HBase is either a
need or a future need for large data. You could use HBase on a single
node in production, but that is defeating the point. So unless you
have enough data to justify multi machine deployments, perhaps flat
files?

-ryan