hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject porting from hbase 0.20.3 to 0.90
Date Sat, 12 Feb 2011 21:10:30 GMT
Hi ,
  We are going to port our production environment to 0.90 and I have couple
of questions:
1) We are using HTablePool which returned HTable in version 0.20.3 , but now
it returns HTableInterface
In our  code we used    HTable class methods :

 getStartEndKeys();
 setAutoFlush(false);
 setWriteBufferSize();

 The question is : what is the idea to use interface which hide access to
the most HTable methods?
Actually I can cast (HTable)HBaseInterface and use all methods that I need
but it looks ugly solution.
What is the way to write data to hbase using  WriteBufferSize  (
setAutoFlush(false) ,  setWriteBufferSize()) and using HTablePool in 0.90?

2) Our hbase 0.20.3 installation runs  over hadoop 0.21. As I understand
hbase 0.90 uses hadoop-core-0.20-append-r1056497 version.
    Is it correct that only this version have to be used or hbase 0.90
suports hadoop 0.20.X too? Simply we were very happy with hadoop 0.21 and
never tested 0.20-append.

Oleg.