hbase-user mailing list archives

From Norbert Burger <norbert.bur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using the Hadoop bundled in the lib directory of HBase
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 16:51:03 GMT
For testing purposes, it is possible to run HBase without HDFS and the
benefits of durability.  Benoit Sigoure has a good writeup here:

http://opentsdb.net/setup-hbase.html

But for larger deployments, HDFS is the way to go.  Another approach you
might consider is the pseudo-distributed option, where you get Hadoop+HBase
running all on the same node (http://goo.gl/Rytnp).

Norbert