hbase-user mailing list archives

From Norbert Burger <norbert.bur...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using the Hadoop bundled in the lib directory of HBase
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 14:51:01 GMT
Mike, you'll also need also access to an installation of Hadoop, whether
this on the same machines as your HBase install (common), or somewhere
else.  Often, people install Hadoop first and then layer HBase over it.

HBase depends on core Hadoop functionality like HDFS, and uses the Hadoop
JAR in lib/ to support this.  But this is library code only; what you're
missing is the rest of Hadoop ecosystem (config files, directory structure,
command-line tools, etc.)

Norbert