hbase-user mailing list archives

From tsuna <tsuna...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase/Zookeeper -- System Fails when IP Address Changes
Date Sat, 05 Feb 2011 06:33:39 GMT
On Tue, Feb 1, 2011 at 7:16 AM, grailcattt <pansonm@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have hadoop/hbase running on a notebook as my dev env. I have everything
> set up to use localhost which is defined as 127.0.0.1 in my /etc/hosts (and
> removed other entries for localhost).
>
> The system works great all day, but when I go home and try to start the
> system, it doesn't work with a different IP address.

In order to avoid this problem, I recommend you follow the steps outlined here:
http://opentsdb.net/setup-hbase.html

which show how to create a conf/hbase-site.xml that forces HBase to
use your loopback interface.  This way everything will keep using
127.0.0.1.  This has worked well for me to develop on my laptop.

--
Benoit "tsuna" Sigoure
Software Engineer @ www.StumbleUpon.com