hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Kerzner <markkerz...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Amazon EC2
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 19:29:17 GMT
It worked fine for me, with Cloudera distribution about a year ago.

I would keep the prepared private AMI, witho whatever additions go into it,
and start the cluster from that. The AMI served as my release version. The
cluster had occasional problems starting, at least back then, due to
networking, but once it was up, it worked great. Of course, you need a
provision to store the HDFS data when the cluster goes down - most likely in
S3, or just always store it in S3, depending on your requirements.

Mark