hbase-user mailing list archives

From Oleg Ruchovets <oruchov...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: which hadoop and zookeeper version should I use with hbase 0.90.1
Date Sun, 27 Feb 2011 21:31:55 GMT
Hi ,
   sorry for asking the same question couple of times , but I still have no
clear understanding which hadoop version I have to install for hbase 0.90.1.
Any  information will be really appreciated

1)  From http://hbase.apache.org/notsoquick.html#hadoop I understand that
hadoop-0.20-append is an official version for hbase. I case I am going to
compile it : Do I have checkout main branch or there is a recomended tag?
If someone already compiled this version and had an issues please share it.

2) I found cloudera maven repository and I see there only hadoop-0.20.2
version. Does this version supports durability and suitable for hbase
0.90.1? or I need to copy jars from hadoop-0.20-append to hadoop-0.20.2
cloudera version? I looked for CDH3 and CDH4 but didn't find
hadoop-0.20-append version.
Question: does cloudera hadoop version (0.20.2) is suitable for hbase
0.90.1?
If cloudera has another version and this version has to be used for hbase
0.90.1 please send the link for this specific version.
In case I am going to use cloudera do I need to install all parts (hadoop,
hbase ,zookeper ...) from cloudera or it is possible to take only hadoop
installation and other products  (hbase , zookeper) I can install from
standard distributions?

thanks in advance
Oleg.