hbase-user mailing list archives

From Mark Kerzner <markkerz...@gmail.com>
Subject Cannot connect to HBase from a remote machine
Date Sun, 06 Feb 2011 02:56:56 GMT
Hi, guys,

I have these lines trying to connect to the HBase, and it works perfectly
well when I am connecting on that machine that runs HBase, but not when I am
connecting from the outside. What ports or other conditions should I check?

        Configuration config = HBaseConfiguration.create();
        config.set("hbase.zookeeper.quorum", "myip:60010");
        config.set("hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort", "2181");

        HTable table = new HTable(config, "myTable");

Thank you!

Mark