hbase-user mailing list archives

From Joseph Coleman <joe.cole...@infinitecampus.com>
Subject Setup Question/Recommendation
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 20:22:18 GMT
 1.
I posted a question a couple days ago about raid configuration for Hadoop and the answer is
JBOD however, once you setup that up and you are going through your linux install what volume
formatting do you select? ext3/4 lvm?
 2.  If I am looking at having a 10+ node data/region server cluster and a 3 node zookeeper
cluster, what is the max Master Nodes I can have? If only one what happens if it dies does
one of the slave data nodes take on the role of master?

Thanks in advance I appreciate everyones help and recommendations.
Joe