hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: it does't use the parameter about hbase.regionserver.flushlogentries
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 15:42:15 GMT
Its removed because its not used any more.  The way we do sync'ing
into HDFS changed in 0.90.

See the src: http://hbase.apache.org/xref/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/regionserver/wal/HLog.html#860
 See where we figure if we are to call sync or not (If deferred, syncs
will happen in background thread).  You want to set
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/HTableDescriptor.html#setDeferredLogFlush(boolean)
(Javadoc is a bit garbled here -- see above for what it does).

St.Ack