hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Dunning <tdunn...@maprtech.com>
Subject Re: cost estimation
Date Thu, 10 Mar 2011 17:38:22 GMT
With no information whatsoever about size of the data, I would guess a cost
of about $4000 / node with annual hosting and power requirements about
$2000/year.

This is probably no more accurate than one order of magnitude.  It has a
decent chance of being on the close order of magnitude.   In particular, you
might want
a lot of memory.  It is unlikely you want a lot of disks.

You can do the math yourself on the EC2 costs.