hbase-user mailing list archives

From Barney Frank <barneyfran...@gmail.com>
Subject Reading Hbase data directly from HDFS
Date Fri, 11 Mar 2011 15:36:55 GMT
I am working with a partner who knows very little about Hbase, but has lots
of experience reading data from Hadoop/HDFS.  He has existing connectors to
Hadoop so should I recommend that he use those to extract the HBASE data
into his existing data store?  (He would only be reading data.  I assume
writing would be problematic.)  Hence there wouldn't be a need for
additional development work on his side outside of understanding how to read
my schema.  What are the Pros/Cons of this approach?  Could it be done?

Thanks for the advice.