hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Data is always written to one node
Date Tue, 15 Mar 2011 03:54:13 GMT
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 4:09 PM, Bill Graham <billgraham@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyway, it's been about a week and all regions for the table are still
> on 1 node. I see messages like this in the logs every 5 minutes:
>
> 2011-03-14 15:59:03,148 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.LoadBalancer: Skipping load balancing.
> servers=4 regions=62 average=15.5 mostloaded=16 leastloaded=16

That says that you have 4 servers and a total of 62 regions.  The
regions are spread around the cluster at about 16 regions per server.
Is this not the case?

> It seems the total regions are evenly balanced, but individual tables
> are not.

We don't pay attention to the region a table comes from, just the
regions themselves.

 HBASE-3586  which will make a showing in 0.90.2 should help.  It goes
a bit of footwork to make sure we're more random than we currently
are.

St.Ack