hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric Charles <eric.char...@u-mangate.com>
Subject Re: versions stored in a cell
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 06:40:10 GMT
1.- On my side, I could imagine to use the versions to store the history
of a key (without the need to add extra index table). Really depends on
requirement and datamodel, I think but many versions can sometimes make
sense.

2.- HBASE-3488 is related to the hadoop rowcounter job. To get versions
by code, you can use the setVersion/setMaxVersion/setTimeRange methods
of the Get and Scan objects. Via the shell, you can use  "get 't1',
'r1', {COLUMN => 'c1', TIMESTAMP => ts1, VERSIONS => 4}" (not sure oif
it's possible with TIMERANGE vi the shell?)

Tks,
- Eric