hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Why HTableDescriptor DEFAULT_VERSIONS is 3?
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 06:52:15 GMT
because it always has been?  I think the original BT paper probably
had the number '3' in there somewhere...

But yes, not too big, not too small.  There probably isnt a reasonable
setting here, I'm guessing 1 isnt quite right either.

Its one aspect of your data modelling, so people should probably be
setting this value on larger tables.

-ryan