hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eric <eric.x...@gmail.com>
Subject Stargate does not accept my PUTs
Date Mon, 04 Apr 2011 14:38:54 GMT
I'm trying to use REST to post data to an HBase table. I currently try
something like:
curl -v -H "Content-Type: text/xml" - T test.txt
http://localhost:8080/testtable/testrowkey

The contents of test.txt are:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8">
<CellSet>
<Row key="testrowkey">
<Cell column="mycol">test data</Cell>
</Row>
</CellSet>

I'm not sure about this XML: there are no examples that I can find of how to
format the XML and which field names to use. However, with this XML I do get
a 100 Continue reply while anything else gives me 4xx range errors so I
think I'm at least going in the right direction :-)

The problem is that it seems like curl won't post the data after the 100
Continue reply and the connection just stays open doing nothing.