hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ramkrishna S Vasudevan <ramakrish...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: Any documents available on the Scanners
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 10:54:03 GMT
Hi

Sorry for adding both dev and user group.

What i meant is there are different levels of scanners.

Memstore scanner when the scanning has to be done from Memstore.
HFileScanner when the scanning has to be done from hfile.

All are stored as the keyvalue heap .

Now my reason for asking the question was,
There are 1000 records.  Assume 750 had been flushed explicitly and they
have been moved to stores.

Remaining 250 are yet to be flushed.

Now I do a scan of the entire records, now how does region server reads the
values from different levels,
May be this may be a dumb question but any documents on the scanning logic
may be really helpful for learners.

Regards
Ram

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is