hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andy Sautins <andy.saut...@returnpath.net>
Subject inconsistencies reported by hbck...
Date Sun, 15 May 2011 16:11:54 GMT

   I finally got around to running 'hbase hbck' on our HBase cluster.  We noticed the following
error being reported:

Chain of regions in table myTable contains less elements than are listed in META; visited=671,
edges=681
ERROR: Found inconsistency in table myTable

   Can anyone help shed some light on what that error means and how I might resolve it?  It
does seem like the table is in somewhat of a bad state ( e.g., there are two regions that
have blank start key but have different end keys ).

    We are running from the cloudera CDH3U0 distribution.  Note also this table was originally
created and running for a long time under the early .89 releases.  I did run both 'hbase hbck
-fix' and 'check_meta.rb -fix' and still have the above inconsistency so it looks like I need
to take manual action at this point but I'm a little stumped on how to go about it.

    Any insight would be appreciated.

    Thanks

    Andy