hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andy Sautins <andy.saut...@returnpath.net>
Subject RE: inconsistencies reported by hbck...
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 19:38:50 GMT

  J-D,

  I was able to run the 0.90.3 rc hbck on our hbase cluster and it does give more detail.
 It gives more details.  Two specific errors:

   - ERROR: (regions <region1> and <region2>) Two regions have the same startkey:
   - ERROR: (regions <region1> and <region2>) There is an overlap in the region
chain.

 That is more detail, although I'm not really sure what to do with that information.  Is there
a way to effectively repair from these two errors?

 Thanks

 Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: jdcryans@gmail.com [mailto:jdcryans@gmail.com] On Behalf Of Jean-Daniel Cryans
Sent: Monday, May 16, 2011 1:05 PM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Re: inconsistencies reported by hbck...

Would you be able to patch in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-3695 and see what hbck
tells you now? Else you could try using the 0.90.3 rc0 which has it
too: http://people.apache.org/~stack/hbase-0.90.3-candidate-0/

J-D

On Sun, May 15, 2011 at 9:11 AM, Andy Sautins
<andy.sautins@returnpath.net> wrote:

>   I finally got around to running 'hbase hbck' on our HBase cluster.  We noticed the
following error being reported:

> Chain of regions in table myTable contains less elements than are listed in META; visited=671,
edges=681
> ERROR: Found inconsistency in table myTable
>
>   Can anyone help shed some light on what that error means and how I might resolve it?
 It does seem like the table is in somewhat of a bad state ( e.g., there are two regions
that have blank start key but have different end keys ).

>    We are running from the cloudera CDH3U0 distribution.  Note also this table was
originally created and running for a long time under the early .89 releases.  I did run both
'hbase hbck -fix' and 'check_meta.rb -fix' and still have the above inconsistency so it looks
like I need to take manual action at this point but I'm a little stumped on how to go about
it.