hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: hbase and hypertable comparison
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 15:03:44 GMT
I think I can speak for all of the HBase devs that in our opinion this vendor "benchmark" was
designed by hypertable to demonstrate a specific feature of their system -- autotuning --
in such a way that HBase was, obviously, not tuned. Nobody from the HBase project was consulted
on the results or to do such tuning, as is common courtesy when running a competitive benchmark,
if the goal is a fair test. Furthermore the "benchmark" code was not a community accepted
benchmark such as YCSB.

I do not think the results are valid beyond being some vendor FUD and do not warrant much
comment beyond this.

Best regards,

    - Andy