hbase-user mailing list archives

From Erik Onnen <eon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: mslab enabled jvm crash
Date Thu, 26 May 2011 01:31:57 GMT
On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Wayne <wav100@gmail.com> wrote:
> What are your write levels? We are pushing 30-40k writes/sec/node on 10
> nodes for 24-36-48-72 hours straight. We have only 4 writers per node so we
> are hardly overwhelming the nodes. Disk utilization runs at 10-20%, load is
> max 50% including some app code, and memory is the 8g JVM out of 24G.

Our write load isn't as even as that. At peak we're higher than that
sustained for up to 30min, at lower points we're much lower, closer to
5K/sec, all across an 11 node cluster but that cluster does other work
including job trackers.

In neither case do we run into GC times you describe. In no properly
configured and tuned Java service I've ever run have I encountered a
90 second GC, database or otherwise.