hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Buttler, David" <buttl...@llnl.gov>
Subject RE: Problem in adding region server
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 15:34:36 GMT
Don't use HBase 0.20.6.  Use the current release (0.90.3)

Did you configure hbase for distributed operation?  What command are you using to start the
region server?  Are you manually starting region servers individually, or are you running
the start-hbase.sh command from your hbase master server?
If you are using the start-hbase.sh command, you need to make sure that you have specified
the list of region servers you are going to start.

If you are starting each region server manually, be sure you are using the correct command:
${HBASE_HOME}/bin/hbase-daemon.sh start regionserver

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: praveenesh kumar [mailto:praveenesh@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 1:36 AM
To: user@hbase.apache.org
Subject: Problem in adding region server

hello guys..!!

I am a newbie in Hbase.
I am trying to setup Hbase cluster on top of my hadoop cluster.

My hadoop version is 0.20.2 and I am trying to use Hbase  version 0.20.6

Are they compatible with each other ?

I am able to run Hbase on my single node..
But whenever I am trying to add my region server.. I am not able to do that
successfully.

After starting my hbase server from ub13... which will act as HMaster for my
cluster, I am getting the following error :

ub12: bash: /usr/local/hadoop/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: Permission denied
starting master, logging to
/usr/local/hadoop/hbase/bin/../logs/hbase-hadoop-master-ub13.out
ub12: bash: /usr/local/hadoop/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: Permission denied

ub12 is the machine I added as region server. I can do passwordless ssh from
my master to ub12.
Do I have to do passwordless from regionserver to master node also ???

Please help..!!
If anyone can suggest some good downloading tutorial for hbase, that will be
very helpful.

Thanks.
Praveenesh