hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Question about Thrift when upgrading from Hbase .20.6 to .90.3
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2011 04:28:59 GMT
Yes.  I'm no expert but my understanding is that this should just work
but that when we go to thrift .6 in 0.92 hbase, this will no longer be
the case (Warning: This is opinion not based on experience).

St.Ack

On Wed, Jun 22, 2011 at 11:59 AM, Karl Kuntz <kkuntz@tradebotsystems.com> wrote:
> Current version .20.6
> Upgrade target 90.3
>
> So Hbase .20.6 uses Thrift .2 and Hbase .90.3 makes use of Thrift .5.  We currently
use the supplied ThriftServer in Hbase.

> In my initial testing for the upgrade, I've not seen any issues using code that was generated/compiled
against the earlier versions of hbase/thrift and simply pointing them at the latest ThriftServer
supplied with .90.3
> I don't see thrift mentioned specifically in the upgrade topic in the book, and couldn't
find any directly related topics on the mailing list, so I would like to just verify this
is the expected result.

> Am I missing something subtle that could cause issues later?
>
> Would updating client code to use Thrift .5 provide a performance (or some other nice)
improvement?