hbase-user mailing list archives

From Bill Graham <billgra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: any multitenancy suggestions for HBase?
Date Mon, 20 Jun 2011 17:06:39 GMT
Thanks Dean, that sounds similar to the approach we're considering.

Andy, I can see value in having ACLs on a per-column-pattern (or maybe just
per-prefix to make multiple pattern conflict resolution simpler) basis. I
know this isn't in scope for the initial release, but would the current
design lend itself to be extended for this case? The use case is where a
column prefix naming scheme is used for example, and certain groups should
have write access to certain prefix patterns.

thanks,
Bill