hbase-user mailing list archives

From "N.N. Gesli" <nnge...@gmail.com>
Subject Problems with starting to use HBase from scratch
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2011 01:05:42 GMT
Hello,

I have started to test HBase and Hive-HBase integration in our test Hadoop
cluster last week. Everything was working fine until both HDFS and HBase
crashed because of a space issue. We fixed the space issue and brought to
HDFS back up. But HBase was not happy. The HBase data was not important. So,
I removed /hbase directory from HDFS to start from scratch. However things
are not looking nice right now:

* "create" from shell errors with "NotAllMetaRegionsOnlineException" (but
status shows 3 servers, 0 dead, 0.0000 average load)
* "hbck" shows "ERROR: Root Region or some of its attributes is null. ERROR:
Encountered fatal error. Exitting..."
* Master web interface tries to load the page for a long time, shows
nothing.
* RegionServer web interface shows normal output with "Not serving regions"
under Online Regions.

We have 4 node test Hadoop cluster, 3 HBase servers, running CDH3.u0 (HBase
version 0.90.1-cdh3u0). All three are running Zookeeper, HBase Master and
RegionServer (I start them in that order).

The logs don't show any error.

Masters keep reporting this every 3-10 seconds:
2011-06-15 17:21:56,809 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation:
Lookedup root region location,
connection=org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$HConnectionImplementation@367c218e;
hsa=null

RegionServers keep reporting this every 5 minutes:
2011-06-15 17:15:01,194 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.io.hfile.LruBlockCache: LRU Stats: total=6.68 MB,
free=807.12 MB, max=813.8 MB, blocks=0, accesses=0, hits=0, hitRatio=�%,
cachingAccesses=0, cachingHits=0, cachingHitsRatio=�%, evictions=0,
evicted=0, evictedPerRun=NaN

What else do I need to do to start from scratch other than just removing
/hbase folder and restarting deamons?

Thank you!