hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ted Yu <yuzhih...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: distribution of regions to servers
Date Wed, 08 Jun 2011 19:50:16 GMT
In trunk this behavior has been improved.
Load balancer would move the youngest region off heavily loaded region
server.

See http://zhihongyu.blogspot.com/2011/04/load-balancer-in-hbase-090.html

I am thinking of creating a new policy for region assignment at cluster
startup which assigns regions from each table in round-robin fashion.