hbase-user mailing list archives

From praveenesh kumar <praveen...@gmail.com>
Subject Problem in adding region server
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2011 08:36:15 GMT
hello guys..!!

I am a newbie in Hbase.
I am trying to setup Hbase cluster on top of my hadoop cluster.

My hadoop version is 0.20.2 and I am trying to use Hbase  version 0.20.6

Are they compatible with each other ?

I am able to run Hbase on my single node..
But whenever I am trying to add my region server.. I am not able to do that
successfully.

After starting my hbase server from ub13... which will act as HMaster for my
cluster, I am getting the following error :

ub12: bash: /usr/local/hadoop/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: Permission denied
starting master, logging to
/usr/local/hadoop/hbase/bin/../logs/hbase-hadoop-master-ub13.out
ub12: bash: /usr/local/hadoop/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: Permission denied

ub12 is the machine I added as region server. I can do passwordless ssh from
my master to ub12.
Do I have to do passwordless from regionserver to master node also ???

Please help..!!
If anyone can suggest some good downloading tutorial for hbase, that will be
very helpful.

Thanks.
Praveenesh