hbase-user mailing list archives

From Shuja Rehman <shujamug...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Logical Division of Hbase Cluster
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2011 19:53:26 GMT
On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 11:49 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 14, 2011 at 1:41 AM, Shuja Rehman <shujamughal@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Well...There are couple of reasons
> >
> > 1- The data is coming from different regions of country and i want to
> > distribute the data w.r.t regions. e.g
> > RegionServer1-RegsionServer4  contain east region data only.
> > RegionServer2-RegionServer6 contain  west region data only.
> >

> Can you do this with a table per region?  Otherwise, prefix the key w/
> region.  This won't be perfect in that the boundary won't be clean but
> perhaps sufficient?
>
> hum...i think table per region will not work as in future, there will be
data coming from different countries and if i use this strategy then it
means i need to create lot of tables for this which does not seem suitable
to me. I also think to prefix the key with region but i have many other
things in the key also e.g timestamp, tags and i am not sure how hbase
distribute the data to region servers in the presence of these things in the
key.

--
Regards
Shuja-ur-Rehman Baig