hbase-user mailing list archives

From Sujee Maniyam <su...@sujee.net>
Subject region servers not shutting down (v 0.90.1-cdh3u0, r)
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2011 19:23:58 GMT
Hi all
I am running  Hbase on a 6 node cluster.   HBase comes up fine, I can create
a test table and put rows and scan.  But I can't cleanly shut it down.  the
stop-hbase command goes on for ever printing dots.  And I can see a couple
of RegionServers are not terminating.

here are the details:

5 RS , 1 Master
3 zookeepers

hbase : 0.90.1-cdh3u0, r  (both hadoop & hbase are Cloudera cdh 3
distributions)
hadoop : 0.20.2-cdh3u0

master-log : http://pastebin.com/tBvJDPHc
rserver log : http://pastebin.com/EsWYAuUk
hbase_site.xml : http://pastebin.com/sU7EM2QK

During the shutdown, I see this in the region server logs:

2011-06-10 12:03:55,940 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: Waiting on 70236052
2011-06-10 12:03:58,942 DEBUG
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer: Waiting on 70236052

thanks very much for your help!
Sujee Maniyam
http://sujee.net