hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andre Reiter <a.rei...@web.de>
Subject Re: hadoop / hbase /zookeeper architecture for best performance
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2011 11:31:51 GMT
Hi Mingjian,

so if i understand it right, the region servers should get as much memory as possible, correct?
at the moment our situation: the default amount of 1000 MB is used for the heap size (HBASE_HEAPSIZE)
 on region servers

so if we ran namenode, tasktracker and regionserver on the same hardware, how should the memory
distribution look like?
lets say for example 60% of memory for regionserver, 20% for namenode and 20% for tasktracker?
is that a proper configuration?

you use 16GB for the region server, is that an amound we should go for?

thanks iin advance
andre