hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andre Reiter <a.rei...@web.de>
Subject Re: Running MapReduce from a web application
Date Fri, 24 Jun 2011 04:41:00 GMT
Hi everybody,

no suggestiona about that questions?
how to submit a MR out of my application, and not manually from a shell useing ./bin/hadoop
jar ... ?

best regards
andre

Andre Reiter wrote:
> now i would like to start MR jobs from my web application running on a tomcat, is there
an elegant way to do it?

> the second question: at the moment i use the TextOutputFormatis the output format, which
creates a file in the specified dfs directory: part-r-00000
> so i can read id using ./bin/hadoop fs -cat /tmp/requests/part-r-00000 on the shell
>
> how can i get the path to this output file after my job is finished, to process it however...
is there another way to collect results of a MR job, a text file is good for humans, but IMHO
parsing a text file for results is not the preferable way...