hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Hiller, Dean x66079" <dean.hil...@broadridge.com>
Subject On startup is there a hook to start another framework?
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 15:16:04 GMT
I was wondering if there was a way so we could create a function framework so when doing map/reduce
over a file in our cluster, we could sort of call

functionSvc.process(incomingActivityDto);

so that we end up processing the dto close to the data especially since the steps are access
the account, query table X for the account, query table Y for the account, query table Z for
the account, etc. etc....we do a lot of querying on tables and the data related to that account
is close by naturally, but we don't want to insert the incomingActivityDto but would rather
design an RPC mechanism(JMS, or whatever we want) to invoke.

Then the only question left is how to find out which computer/computers(since nodes are replicated)
to send the execution of the function too?

1.       How can I startup a framework in hbase?

2.       How can I locate the primary node the data is on and the secondary nodes?

3.       Also, I would like all function calls for the same account to occur on the primary
node or at least the same node if I have a replication factor of 3 so that I can synchronize
on activities coming in for the same account

Thanks,
Dean

This message and any attachments are intended only for the use of the addressee and may contain
information that is privileged and confidential. If the reader of the message is not the intended
recipient or an authorized representative of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified
that any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by e-mail and delete the message
and any attachments from your system.