hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ravi Veeramachaneni <ravi.veeramachan...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi master?
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 23:02:49 GMT
You can start HBase backup master two ways, hbase-daemon.sh start master --backup or master-backup.sh

The first version is fresh HBase start that includes backup masters. The second version can
be used while primary master already up, just to start the backup masters.

Ravi

Sent from my mobile phone.

On Jul 22, 2011, at 11:27 AM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcryans@apache.org> wrote:

> You need to create a file in conf/ called backup-masters and in there
> list hostnames like you do with conf/regionservers and they will be
> started when you run bin/start-hbase.sh
>
> I had to dig in the scripts in order to remember how it was done, it
> could be a nice addition to the book (wink wink).
>
> J-D
>
> On Fri, Jul 22, 2011 at 3:16 AM, shanmuganathan.r
> <shanmuganathan.r@zohocorp.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi All,
>>
>>            I configured the HBase in the distributed mode with 3 node cluster and
that are working properly . I have some doubts about how to configure the multi master environment
in the hbase . I studied about multimaster in the following link http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/MultipleMasters
.

>>              Please give me suggestion about where we specify the masters?   and
give also some example configurations of the Hbase in multi master environment.......