hbase-user mailing list archives

From Adam Shook <ash...@clearedgeit.com>
Subject Failure to get HTable using MapReduce on some Nodes
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 14:36:13 GMT
Hello All,

I am running a MapReduce job using standard input and output formats and using an HTable as
a reference data set in my Mapper code.  I am using a small cluster of around 10 nodes.  In
my setup phase I am using an HTablePool to get a reference to a table.  On all but two nodes,
the call to getting the table hangs and eventually causes the task to fail.  However, on two
of the 10 machines, it retrieves the table and its business as usual.  (I also just tried
creating a new HTable without the pool - no dice).

It just so happens that the two machines I can successfully get the table on are configured
in the hbase-site.xml file for the hbase.zookeeper.quorum file.  I was told that the other
machines don't need to be in this file - ZooKeeper will handle everything and I should be
able to get a table just fine.  The cluster is configured so HBase is not managing ZooKeeper.

If I ssh into any of the 8 machines that don't work, I am able to use the HBase shell and
scan through a table.

Thanks!
Adam