hbase-user mailing list archives

From Albert Shau <as...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject region max filesize
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 01:56:17 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm using 0.90.3 and have the region max filesize set to 1gb in my hbase-site.xml like so:

  <property>
    <name>hbase.hregion.max.filesize</name>
    <value>1073741824</value>
  </property>

But when I look at the storefileSizeMB values listed on the regionserver UI, they're all around
256mb, which makes me think the default value is still being used for whatever reason.  I'm
also setting other properties like the handler count which are getting used so I'm pretty
sure I have the conf in the right place and it's getting read.  I've also tried restarting
hbase and doing a major compact on the table but the region sizes stay the same.  Any ideas
on what might be wrong?  Is there some way to verify the max filesize is getting set correctly?

Thanks,
Albert