hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: hbck -fix
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 20:58:05 GMT
On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 12:57 PM, Wayne <wav100@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can someone please try to help answer one specific question? I had to
> manually delete the actual HDFS data for the corrupted tables as disable
> would not work. I am now seeing messages on the master from the
> CatalogJanitor saying "REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER is empty" for regions in tables
> that are no longer there. How do I fix this?

Did you delete all rows in the .META. table corresponding to the table
whose data you removed from hdfs?  If not, delete them (hbase>
deleteall '.META.', 'TABLE_ROW')

>  I did a scan of the .META. and
> see no trace of this old table or its regions. What is left to do to
> manually remove all traces of this blasted table? Do I truly need to start
> from scratch for the entire cluster?

So, a scan of .META. does not show rows from the old table at all?

When it says REGIONINFO_QUALIFIER is empty, it says what row has the
empty qualifier?

St.Ack