hbase-user mailing list archives

From Lior Schachter <li...@infolinks.com>
Subject M/R scan problem
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 11:48:31 GMT
Hi all,
I'm running a scan using the M/R framework.
My table contains hundreds of millions of rows and I'm scanning using
start/stop key about 50 million rows.

The problem is that some map tasks get stuck and the task manager kills
these maps after 600 seconds. When retrying the task everything works fine
(sometimes).

To verify that the problem is in hbase (and not in the map code) I removed
all the code from my map function, so it looks like this:
public void map(ImmutableBytesWritable key, Result value, Context context)
}

Also, when the map got stuck on a region, I tried to scan this region (using
simple scan from a Java main) and it worked fine.

Any ideas ?

Thanks,
Lior