hbase-user mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: compressions and security
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2011 20:30:15 GMT
What Doug said but also, if cells are of a size and/or data type that
is compressible (no point compressing small stuff, same for trying to
compress images types), then there are big wins all around if you have
the application compress the cells before putting them into hbase;
network traffic is less, the size of the data that traverses the hbase
server is less (and your caches' can carry more 'data'), etc.

stack